ARCNovember 27-29, 2017
• Place: Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI)
Daejeon, The Republic of Korea
• Homepage and registration: http://alma.kasi.re.kr/almakasi2017
• Important dates
- 19/Jun: Registration Open
- 07/Aug: Updated information and the list of invited speakers
- 30/Sep: Oral presentation deadline (title + abstract)
- 16/Oct: Updated information and a program draft
- 23/Oct: Registration (Poster presentation) close
- 30/Oct: The final program
The Korea ALMA group and the Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) are pleased to announce the East Asian (EA) ALMA Science Workshop 2017-Korea. This is the annual meeting of the EA ALMA community involving Japan, Taiwan, and Korea. Since being started in 2014 in Korea, completing the circle around (2015 Japan and 2016 Taiwan), this year it will be held back in Korea, on November 27-29, 2017.
KASI welcomes all the participants of the EA ALMA Science Workshop 2017-Korea, those who have been carrying out ongoing ALMA projects and plan to propose and/or utilize ALMA observations in the near future. The meeting would be an ideal starting point to promote a new collaboration timely for the next proposal call. Daejeon is located around the middle of South Korea, and KASI is the astronomical hub of the Korea astronomical community, where you can see various activities for the future of the Korea astronomy. In order to maximize all the three aspects of updating the current ALMA sciences, sharing our science results, and promoting our future projects, this meeting will consist of review sessions, parallel sessions for Galactic and external galaxy sciences, and discussion sessions. Any astronomers who are interested in ALMA, regardless of having their own ongoing ALMA projects or not, are strongly encouraged to join the meeting and are most welcomed!